25.4.11

Joy: Bulgarian version of Easter

Hello everyone,

You know when you first move to a new place or start a new job or begin a new chapter in your life (college, marriage, kids), and you feel like a little kid again.  You don't know anyone, you don't know how to do anything "correctly," and you're humbled whether you like it or not :)

Well, Bulgaria has definitely been that way, but I have to say... Bulgarians are extremely friendly, patient, and welcoming.  I really, truly feel like I'm living in and around the Bulgarian version of my friends & family back home.

Randall and I have a double whammy because we each get our own family PLUS each other's.  Meaning, all day Saturday AND Sunday (for Easter celebrations/dinner), his family was pulling an arm & my family was pulling the other.  What a wonderful feeling to be included and wanted even though I can pretty much only say something like "See Jane jump."

I am so blessed by how much they love outsiders.  That's what I am taking away from Easter this year.  Just like Christ did for us (He loved the outsiders), I want to model how these Bulgarians have loved Randall and I, outsiders, as family these past few, VERY family-oriented days.

We didn't spend a ton of time at a church building, but we've definitely celebrated like Christ would! With gusto, with love, with open arms.

Here are a few pictures of the last few days...

0 comments:

Post a Comment