19.11.12

Joy: Take-aways from first few months of school



1.  Smiling makes kids smile back!  Amazing.

2.  Speaking English is way easier than Bulgarian.  Meaning, with those who speak English, I'm no longer speaking Bulgarian!  It's easier on me and good practice for them :)










3.  Games are pretty darn effective... and fun!  My counterpart made this awesome animal review game & the kids adored it AND were using English.  Hee hee!


4.  Time with friends after work is ESSENTIAL.  Vania, Stefan, and Marty invited us over for "beer and dinner" recently.  'Twas just what the doctor ordered.  Vania made "shkembe' chorba" (tripe) and sauteed chicken hearts.  A year ago, no way would I have enjoyed this, but, that night, I was in the clean plate club!  Yummo.


We're still loving our time here & are thankful for you, our readers!


1 comment: