4.6.11

Joy: All good things come to an end...

Having come to Bulgaria as a Peace Corps Volunteer, ready to go to my permanent sight (Plovdiv), I didn't know I would bond so well with my fellow Borovanians at our training site, Americans and Bulgarians, included.  Don't get me wrong, I am REALLY looking forward to being an English teacher for the next two years in Plovdiv.  It's feeling more and more ideal.

However, there is a continually growing list of things I will miss about being in Borovan that,most likely, will NOT be in Plovdiv...

*All the livestock. Everywhere.

*Free internet in the park.

*The horse carriages.

*Beautiful gardens with fresh fruit and veggies whenever I want them.

*"Bogat Beden" and their lovely staff.

*How friendly everyone is.

*The invigorating soccer, frizbee, and basketball games with all the kids, here.

*My Bulgarian host mom, her family, & her dog.  Love them.

*Our PC language trainer.  He is the best!

*And, the other 4 American volunteers that have lived with us, struggled with us, laughed with us, and empathized with us over the last 11 weeks.  Life in Bulgaria won't be the same without you.

Yes, all good things must come to an end.  But, I definitely won't forget the last 11 weeks :)

I'm off to soak up as much as I can of the above before we leave on Friday...

Joy

0 comments:

Post a Comment