24.6.11

Joy: Along my route

Been here two weeks and I think I've finally figured out the best way to get to work each day!  It takes me about 35 minutes to walk there, and, I have to say, a 35-minute commute to work, walking, is so much more heavenly than driving a car.  Goodness.  Makes me want to be a dog-walker, when I get back to the States!

Thought I'd share some of the wonderful and, sometimes, weird, things I see everyday...

First, a really colorful bus stop.  If I were a giant, I'd pick it up and play with it!


Then, here's what "Danube" looks like in Bulgarian.  It's pronounced "Dunav."


The next one is Scary, Mr. Scary.  I know chefs are supposed to be a little plump and boisterous, but I just can't stare at this for too long.  Egh!  He's right outside the restaurant with the dinosaurs we found last weekend... and, he gives me the heebie-jeebies.


This one makes me want to get a little pet!  But, alas... this pet shop has no puppies.  And, they won't get any either.  Sigh.  Those puppies are false advertisement...


Zone The, people... Zone The.  Who would have thought that incorrect English usage could be so entertaining!  Sometimes Google translator just doesn't cut it.  But, it sure does make for a good giggle or two every now-and-then!


This one is a picture of the way Bulgarians remember their dead.  This one has caught my eye for a while for two reasons... one, he's so young and, two, he died the day we arrived in Bulgaria.


The next one is of "Royal City"... a beautiful, new apartment complex in a nice neighborhood.  However, my colleagues tell me that no one lives there because it's new and expensive.  Sounds like a LOT of places in the States, right now.


And, here's some serious motivation to keep the pounds off.  There's not room enough for the two of us on this sidewalk, car!


And, last, but not least... here's my classroom (at least for the summer)!


I start teaching an English day-camp on Monday.  Can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment